The NMJW Honor Jazz Band is reforming in fall, 2021!
• Membership is open to all New Mexico high school students. Must be a member of their school jazz band (if one exists).
• Openings for alto saxophone, tenor saxophone, baritone saxophone, trumpet, trombone, piano, guitar, bass, drums.
• Under the direction of Dr. Bruce Dalby, Professor Emeritus, UNM Department of Music.
• Exciting performances planned!
o Jazz Under the Stars, the NMJW summer series at the wonderful Albuquerque Museum amphitheater
o New Mexico Governor’s Ball, main stage (date TBA)
o Major fundraising event with band featured in print, social media, radio, and television coverage
o Regular semester concerts
o Travel event, details to be determined
• Rehearsals will be Wednesdays, 7:30-9:00 p.m. at NMJW office, 5500 Lomas Blvd. NE, Albuquerque
• Auditions: Afternoon and evening of Sept. 1 and 2, 2021 at NMJW
• Audition details, materials, and signup: Go to www.nmjazz.org/youth-honor-band.
• Tuition: Fall - $200; Spring - $250. Financial aid consideration tied to public school free and reduced lunch status.
• COVID policy: Per NMJW policy, members must be vaccinated. Unvaccinated students may make arrangements to audition by Zoom (contact Dr. Dalby at [email protected]) but no exceptions to the vaccination policy will be allowed after the start of rehearsals on Sept. 15.
To see a video of previous years' Youth Honor Band, click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YAhGyea1_U